General Community Guidance and Recommendations
We know the tools of prevention that work to lower the risk of getting or spreading COVID-19. We’ve used these tools and we’ve seen them work!
These aren’t new, but let’s review the various tools in our prevention toolbox:
- Wash your hands with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand disinfectant
- Practice good cough and sneeze etiquette – cough into your elbow, not your hand. This protects your hands and the surfaces you touch from becoming contaminated.
- Wear a mask.
- Avoid touching your face - your mouth, nose, and eyes - to keep from infecting yourself with the germs on your hands.
- Monitor your health. Stay home from work, school, and activities if you are not feeling well or have symptoms that may be related to COVID.
- Be aware of your environment and practice good physical distancing
- Limit your time in crowded indoor environments
- Open windows and screen doors to improve air ventilation or move activities outdoors, when possible.
- Clean high-touch surfaces frequently.
- And, finally, a tool we didn’t have last year – COVID-19 Vaccine! Be fully vaccinated by getting the COVID-19 vaccine to protect yourself and others.
Follow these tips to keep yourself, your family, and your colleagues safe and healthy?
Click here to read more through the Nebraska DHHS website: COVID-19 - Protect Yourself and Others.